I am currently working on writing comments for my students. These go out with their first report card. I have to write approximately 300 word summaries for each child. Before I started writing I had the students write a reflection about how they think they are doing AND what their favorite thing has been so far. Here are some of the quotes that make me smile:
"It's fun to go on the carpet and do interactive reading and writing."
"I like to do descriptive [writing], but nothing else."
One student said that listening is both a strength and a weakness. (How honest is that?)
A students response to their improvement on listening and turning in homework: "I think I am improving on all of that bad stuff because my dad yelled at me for 10 minutes for getting an oops slip 3 times in 2 weeks or more. I think I am now becoming more responsible and kind."
"I'm doing well on homework because I listen in class usually" ...?
No comments:
Post a Comment