Last week I was surprised with my very own smartboard! It was completely unexpected and myself, along with my students, was very grateful. We have already done 3 lessons on it. One of which I created myself. I am very excited to be able to demonstrate everything to my students now. Also, since our shared readings are so long.. It will be nice to have them typed up. Along with that, we can edit and such. This has already saved me some time!!
Last Thursday, we had a drop everything and write day. With help from an old Casady teacher, the students observed a painting and then filled out a seeing, feeling, meaning chart. After making and discussing the chart the students used the information to make a poem. Then they made a drawing based off their poem. It was truly amazing to see their creativity. I will post a few of the poems tomorrow.
Class is starting to flow better and now I am going to complain about the "time" issue. Two hours just isn't enough to get everything done!!
No comments:
Post a Comment