Sunday, March 6, 2011

Celebrate America

Celebrate America is coming to a close.  This week will conclude the big research project with a performance!  The students have done so well with their projects, I am like a proud mother.  After their parents come watch on Wednesday... we are out for SPRING BREAK!  (And the students think they are the only ones excited for a vacation)

In the past couple of weeks, a lot has happened.  I can officially say I received my first apple, no joke.

And here is the beauty.

We worked hard on some interactive writing for adjectives and the hard work paid off.  All of my students received an A or B on their test!!!  




Aren't they beautiful?!  Now when we return from spring break... we will rewind and make some writings for nouns, pronouns, and verbs.  That was my fault for not being on top of things.

We've been working on writing summaries all year long... and now we are doing an IAW summary over Number the Stars.  It is really neat to see the students working together. 
Instead of having the students take a test over Number the Stars I am having them rewrite the book as a fairy tale.  The novel makes many references to fairy tales.  The students were placed in groups and given few directions.  I mainly want to see a problem and solution that is solved by the main character.  Tomorrow are our performances... so we shall see.   
I have a good feeling that this project was a success :-)


I also had the wonderful opportunity to go to a professional development for Neo2.  This device is awesome and I cannot wait to begin using it in my classroom!

As the year continues to progress, I realize how much I am going to miss this first year of teaching.  I have such a wonderful group of students!  *sigh*  Only a couple more months till I watch them graduate from 4th grade.  There will be tears, guaranteed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment