Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 4

Today marked my first Monday at school and I can proudly say, "I survived!"  Although, I thought we were going to lose it when we found a friendly wasp in our class.  I did not know that pest control fit into my job description, but apparently it does.  I tried to convince my students, with little luck, that he just wanted to join our class discussion.

I love the personality that is emerging within their writing.  Over the weekend I graded all 29 students book reports, they each wrote two.  Then today in class we were working on writing "the most important event" in each student's life.  It amazes me how simplistic their minds work.  The joys of working with young kids :)

Tomorrow marks my treacherous endeavor in teaching a grammar lesson.  Since I moved around a lot when I was young, I never got a solid foundation in grammar.  I am hoping that it is easy for me to teach and learn... key term is hope.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment