Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 11 and 12

It amazes me that with a four day week, it lasted so long.  The week was a little boring for me with all the assessments that the students had to complete, but we got them done and I will be entering their grades later today.

Just taking a quick glance at their scores I noticed that the majority of my students are at a grade level of 7 or above.  Good news - I won't make them any less intelligent.

We ended our week with a fun field trip.  My students got to fish and complete a ropes course.  Luckily for me.. I didn't have to touch the fish.  I would say it was a successful trip, considering I made it back with all 15 of my kids :)


After speaking with my mentor teaching from student teaching, I am feeling much better about my curriculum.  She helped me sort out some great ideas for incorporating grammar with shared reading.  Also, my students will begin to do independent reading for our novel study.  This will work better than the dreaded "popcorn" reading.  We will come back together and review the chapters after they have finished reading.

I am still brainstorming about the writing curriculum.  This week we will be working on the concept of ideas.  I will be doing some interactive writing mixed with some shared writing (I think).  

No comments:

Post a Comment