Well it's official. I have decided that I will only be stating the directions for my students ONCE. You would have thought I was the biggest, baddest teacher on earth when I told them to ask a friend. Am I the only one that gets tired of my voice? Man oh man. So far my experiment seems to be working, but it is difficult to only say them once.
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of having my mentor teacher come and coach me during read alouds, shared reading, and interactive writing. Of course she gave me some great advice, but she also surprised me by saying that I have gotten off to a good start. It is very reassuring because I have been feeling like I am drowning.
This evening I worked on mapping out my curriculum for the next few months. I feel that after Monday's conversations and looking through my resources, the curriculum is beginning to flow together. What an amazing feeling that is! Although it is overwhelming and stressful to plan ahead, I know it will make our lessons go more smoothly in the end.
We are still working on our interactive writing about birthdays... we are moving our focus from the formation of a paragraph to word choice. My students are great writers, but most are not willing to take risks.
Tomorrow: Our first test (types of sentences, subject/predicate). Prayers welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment